As a mother who lost her only son a few years back, these are just a few things
I have learned in my own grief walk:
- Everyone grieves differently. There are no rules when it comes to grieving.
- Everyone grieves in their own time frame. This is not a race or a contest.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Be patient with others—although they may say or do things that are not helpful to you, in most cases they are trying to help.
- You do not have to accept people’s well-meaning advice.
- Take one step at a time.
- Give yourself permission to grieve.
- Surround yourself with a few positive, helpful friends/colleagues/relatives, even if it is just one person. Not everyone is cut out to help others grieve.
- Give yourself permission to take a break from what others expect from you.
- Talk about your loved one. By saying their name we help keep their memory alive.
(Image from google images)
Trackback from your site.